Tuesday, November 22, 2005

JFK

Today my day started off with announcements on the radio that our President John F. Kennedy was shot dead in Dallas 42 years ago. Although I was young I still remember the look on my Mom's face when the news came over our black & white television set.

How the country mourned this beloved man and how horrible his murder was. The footage on tv was just unbelievable. The images of Jackie in that limo and the scenes of Little John at the funeral will stick in my mind forever.

Our country changed forever after that happened and we were cheated from the great things this man could have done for us.

We were a nation united and that dreadful day shattered all our hopes and dreams.

So Mr. President, wherever you are, please accept my thanks for serving us for the short time that it was. May I live to see another great President like yourself lead our country again.

One day, I hope mankind will not kill each other. I can only hope.

God Bless America!

No comments: