Friday, April 25, 2008

My Sunrise Sunset Afghan



Here is the sunrise sunset afghan in progress. I am about 1/2 way done. I just love making this because it is so much fun to make the squares. Not sure what I am going to do with it. It will most likely be a gift unless I get a really good offer for it. It took a lot of time and work, so I wouldn't let it go without a good offer.

Also, here is a picture of the throw I made as a wedding gift for my soon to be niece-in-law. She is marrying my Godson so I wanted to make her something special for herself on those cold and rainy days. It is the Lacy V Stitch from Leisure Arts 30 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches. I hope she likes it.

4 comments:

Laura de Argentina said...

Really pretty!! i love how it looks. :)

Melissa said...

Very pretty afghans!

Jackie Solomon said...

i was curious -- I'm also working on the sunrise sunset afghan but I'm having trouble with the "sun rays" i guess you could call them. :)

I do the "yo and draw up a lp, yo and draw through 2 lps - 3 times all in next sc, yo and draw through all 4 loops". Then, I try rnd 5, but I think I'm messing up on the "working in front of ch, tr in the skipped sc 2 rnds below".

When I finished my first square, there was too much space in between the two colors where the rnds 4 and 5 are. I'm curious as to what I'm doing wrong.

Just wondering if you could possibly help? :)

I could send you a picture of the one square if you like? Thanks in advance for any time. :)

Pauline said...

Hello Jacquelyn,

I responded to your comment by email but I don't think you received it. I would be happy to help you. Please do send me a pic of your work so far and I will see where you are going wrong.

Pauline

crochetbypauline@yahoo.com