Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Part 2

Hi Boys!

Sorry I didn't make it last night. I couldn't even turn on the computer much less stare at a monitor.

Looking back on my letter, I forgot to mention that your Dadju and I were awaken by snow plows clearing the street at 4 AM.

After we got off the bus, we went to Radio City Music Hall to see if we could get tickets for your 2nd cousin and his girlfriend. They wanted outrageous prices for two tickets so we left. As we were walking down the street, this older woman was standing there trying to sell three tickets she had purchased. It turned out that the people who were going to go couldn't make it so lo and behold he scooped them up.

We had a little time before the show to see the tree at Rockefeller Center and the skating rink. You could only skate for a 1/2 hour as per their rules. I am not sure how much it cost, but I'm sure it was a pretty penny probably one I couldn't afford at the time because of all the Christmas presents I had to buy.

My advice to anyone that wants to go is to bring their own skates. The experience is once in a lifetime and if you are lucky in life maybe more.

Continuing from Part One....

Your second cousin and his girlfriend wanted to see the biggest toy store I have ever seen because they had never seen it before.

It had the biggest piano (which had been in a movie starring Tom Hanks) and there was two young men who played a few notes to the audience to have them guess what song they were playing. We didn't have much time to stick around because we only had one day in the Big Apple and time was ticking by.

One day I hope to remember the lessons I was taught in the second through six grade at the parochial school I attended. My father, mother and Sister Mary would be so proud.

However, I had a bad experience at our school's piano recital where I got stage freight and completely forgot my routine. The song was Oh! Suzanna and i forgot the last part of the song. To my recollection I think I repeated a few verses over and over. The song went something like this...Oh Suzanna oh don't you cry for me as I went to Alabama with a banjo on my knee. That's one part of my life I would really want to forgot because that was one of my embarrassing moments. I co

No comments: